Balance of Nature Review [Updated 2024]
We need sufficient fruits and vegetables to achieve proper nutrition and live a healthy lifestyle. However, the CDC reported that only 10% of Americans consume the recommended daily amount of vegetables and fruits. Balance of Nature supplements aim to fill this gap with proprietary blends made from freeze-dried fruits and vegetables.
Balance of Nature is a brand consisting of three main products:
- Balance of Nature Veggies
- Balance of Nature Fruits
- Balance of Nature Fiber & Spices
The brand designed these supplements to help you fix your potential dietary deficiencies. The product is essentially a concentrated source of essential nutrients derived from 31 fruits and vegetable varieties and a dozen natural spices and herbs. The manufacturer aims to create a healthy, convenient product incorporating minerals, vitamins, and other beneficial compounds.
Balance of Nature offers fruits and veggies capsules, while the Nature Fiber & Spices option is a powder.
Constantly using any healthy diet supplements by Balance of Nature will conveniently nourish you with vital nutrients to boost your overall health. This is particularly crucial if you don’t consistently consume the recommended fruit and vegetable dosages.
As we prepare to enter 2024, we have updated our Balance of Nature product review. This comprehensive analysis delves into some product updates, with a keen eye on important changes. Balance of Nature is once again ramping up production after some legal challenges to its advertising in Q4 2023. We will see how this sorts out over the next few months, and update our review again in Q1 of 2024.
Table of Contents
Why Is Balance of Nature Popular?
Dietary challenges are a constant hurdle in today’s fast-paced modern lifestyle. There’s just not enough time to plan and prepare a full meal. Besides being too busy, some people may have dietary restrictions or preferences limiting the quantity of fruits and greens in our meals. These challenges often lead to diet nutrient gaps, harming their health and well-being.
Balance of Nature supplements offer a practical solution to these hurdles with their concentration of essential nutrients. The products are proprietary blends of vegetables, fruits, spices, and herbs, conveniently packaged as capsules and powders. They bridge the nutritional divide by supplying vital vitamins, minerals, and other beneficial compounds.
In the long run, you’ll circumvent the busy schedules or dietary preferences to maintain a healthier and more balanced lifestyle. The next section of this Balance of Nature review goes deeper into how the respective dietary supplements benefit your body.
In late 2023 and entering 2024, the company was hit with some roadblocks that appear to be cleared. We are still trying to ascertain how this will shake out.
General Benefits of Balance of Nature
You’re missing tons of nutrients if you don’t consume enough fruits and vegetables. In addition, inadequate fiber consumption could subject you to continuous digestive problems.
The inspiration behind Balance of Nature supplements is to keep you healthy and strong. While the products don’t promise to cure any diseases, they guarantee the right dosages of vitamins and nutrients to keep your body’s immune system at its peak.
Users who’ve taken Balance of Nature fruit supplement for some time experience the following:
- Antioxidant boost – Each fruit capsule contains antioxidant powerhouses like blueberry, papaya, cranberry, and banana. So when you consume the supplement regularly, you’ll balance your cholesterol and blood sugar levels and improve your heart health.
- Improve gut health – Balance of Nature fruit supplement can ease digestive complications thanks to its apple, aloe vera, and pineapple content. These elements can also treat constipation.
- Delivers a healthy vitamin dose – The fruit ingredients within the product contain vitamins K, C, and A, vital fatty acids, and other crucial nutrients. You’ll never suffer from vitamin deficiency.
The veggie capsules from Balance of Nature can benefit you in the following ways:
- Better cognitive function – The supplement contains a healthy supply of vitamins from greens, which can enhance your cognitive function, boost your focus, and improve your eye health.
- Aids in weight loss – Superfoods like broccoli, kale, cayenne pepper, and soy protein are part of the supplement’s ingredient list. The components aid weight loss management and help you lose excess pounds.
- Supports bone health – Vitamin K in carrots and spinach can strengthen your bones and protect you from excruciating joint pains as you grow older.
Finally, the powdered version of the Balance of Nature supplement offers the following general benefits:
- Better liver health – This supplement contains valuable ingredients like clove and cardamom. These can boost your liver health and optimize your immune system.
- Balanced blood sugar – It also manages your cholesterol levels to regulate your blood sugar.
- Supports your digestive system – Ingredients like nutmeg, ginger, and fennel seed can prevent stomach problems, including constipation.
Balance of Nature Brand Overview
Balance of Nature is the brainchild of Douglas Howard, DC, a chiropractor with a sincere passion for health and nutrition. The health supplement company opened its doors in 1997.
Dr. Howard’s interest in nutrition sparked after observing nutritional deficiencies in vulnerable communities during the Cold War. His findings inspired him to research plant nutrients (phytonutrients) and chemicals (phytochemicals). The knowledge he gained from this project helped him design a plant-based dietary supplement to address typical diet deficiencies.
Balance of Nature has three proprietary blends: Veggies, Fruits, and Fiber & Spice, crafted from various plant extracts and food powders. Besides these, the company also provides free health coaching to customers. The organization’s seasoned coaches guide you through setting health goals, monitoring progress, and accepting accountability.
Balance of Nature boasts a record of accomplishment spanning more than a quarter-century. The reputable manufacturer maintains a B rating by the Better Business Bureau (BBB).
Price and Buying Options
Like most dietary supplements, you have to consume Balance of Nature consistently to experience its immense benefits. Each container offers a 30-day supply of this precious product. Therefore, you must pay attention to your monthly cost when budgeting.
Balance of Nature offers its products in three packages: Fiber & Spice, Fruits & Veggies, and Whole Health System, combining the former two options. You can acquire these offerings as a one-time purchase or through the Preferred Customer Membership and enjoy a healthy diet rich in the necessary minerals.
|Balance of Nature | Pricing Plans|
|Whole Health System|
|One-Time Purchase: $159.95|
|Preferred Customer + Free Shipping: $109.95|
|Fruits and Veggies|
|One-Time Purchase: $89.95|
|Preferred Customer + Free Shipping: $69.95|
|Fiber and Spice|
|One-Time Purchase: $69.95|
|Preferred Customer + Free Shipping: $49.95|
The health supplement company has a Preferred Customer Membership subscription costing a non-refundable one-time fee of $24.95. This model offers:
- Free shipping
- Shipping every 28 days
- Phone consultations with health coaches
- Preferred customer discounts
- A money-back guarantee of 30 days for the first order
Free shipping and the 30-day guarantee don’t apply to one-time purchases with no subscription model unless you receive a damaged product. Furthermore, the company will deduct shipping costs from your refund. Some users find the limited return policy alongside the mandatory subscription fee odd.
Notably, you can buy the supplements on Amazon to leverage the site’s shipping and return policies. What’s more, you won’t be bound by any memberships.
Balance of Nature Fruits & Veggies
Balance of Nature's Micronutrient Content
Generally, Balance of Nature Fruits and Veggies extract antioxidants and nutrients from powdered fruits and veggies to support overall wellness. On the other hand, Fiber & Spice can enhance your gut health thanks to their rich fiber content.
Let’s dive into the nutritional value of the core offerings.
Fruits & Veggies Capsules
The primary health benefits of the Fruits and Veggies variants lie in their phytonutrient value. The term refers to the natural compounds within plant-based diets that boost our immune system and support body function.
The concentrated vegetable and fruit mixtures supply the body with the required phytonutrients for therapeutic functions like lowering oxidative stress and inflammation. (1)
Unfortunately, Balance of Nature Fruits and Veggies variants have a major drawback: The manufacturer doesn’t disclose the precise nutrient composition on the facts label. Therefore, knowing what’s entering your body and what amounts is difficult. However, the brand counters this by listing three studies highlighting the potential benefits of the products.
Nevertheless, you’ll experience a considerable nutrient boost, especially if you don’t usually consume sufficient vegetables and fruits.
Fiber & Spice Supplements
Fiber is the foundation of the Balance of Nature’s Fiber & Spice variant. The product offers multiple fiber types to keep your digestive health in check.
Dietary fiber comprises the indigestible material that draws in water as it moves through the gut. This mechanism softens the stool to provide constipation relief.
Fiber also nourishes the healthy bacteria in the large intestine. The microorganisms aid digestion and are important in sugar management, immune health, and brain function.
How Does Balance of Nature Taste?
Several customers have expressed dissatisfaction with the unappealing taste of Balance of Nature’s Fiber supplement powder. Typically, most users blend this product with juice, milk, or milk alternatives to improve its flavor.
Regrettably, unlike the fruit capsules that have received favorable reviews for their taste, the powdered supplement is not available in a capsule format. Therefore, you must find the courage to consume it or find something tasty to mix it with.
Best Features of Balance of Nature
So, what are the best features of Balance of Nature supplements? Let’s explore them based on the product type.
Fruits contain minerals, vitamins, and various phytonutrients. However, you may find it difficult to access a diverse range of fresh fruits throughout the year. Fortunately, each Balance of Nature Fruits capsule is packed with the essence of 16 different whole fruits that undergo freeze-drying and grinding. The resulting fruit powder is then encapsulated in a vegan cellulose casing that makes it convenient and hassle-free to consume. Its best features include:
- 30 servings per container
- Three capsules per serving
- Nutritional value per serving: ten calories alongside two grams of carbohydrates
- Protect blend (719 mg), comprising tart cherry, orange, grapefruit, cranberry, wild blueberry, apple, grape, and aloe vera.
- Maintain blend (731 mg) comprising wild blueberry, papaya, tomato, apple, banana, strawberry, grape, and aloe vera.
- Repair blend (561 mg), comprising pineapple, raspberry, mango, aloe vera, lemon, and sweet cherry
Fiber & Spices
Spicy foods can reduce the risk of cancer mortality, respiratory illnesses, and heart disease. Spices like rosemary, clove, oregano, sage, and cinnamon provide antioxidants and have antimicrobial properties. Balance of Nature Fiber & Spice is a powdered dietary supplement containing 12 different spices, which is claimed to enhance gut health and digestion. (2)
Other vital features of this product include:
- 30 servings per container
- Two scoops per serving (about 13 grams)
- Nutritional value of each serving: 9 g carbohydrates, 40 mg calcium, 50 calories, 8 g dietary fiber, 1 g fat, 0.9 mg iron
- Balanced whole fiber blend (10 g) comprising flax, psyllium, flax, monk fruit, and apple.
- Protect and repair whole spice blend (3 g), comprising coriander, allspice, ginger, mustard, cardamom, fenugreek, fennel seed, cinnamon, clove, cumin, nutmeg, and turmeric.
The Balance of Nature Veggies blend offers the goodness of 15 different vegetables in each capsule. Fresh vegetables retain their vital vitamins, phytonutrients, and minerals after freeze-drying. Subsequently, they are crushed into powder form and encapsulated to preserve their valuable health benefits. The vegetable mix in this formulation comprises “superfoods” and “vision superfoods.” In addition, it contains specific cruciferous vegetables with a compound called sulforaphane (SFA), which safeguards fetal brain development.
Other features include:
- 30 servings per container
- Three capsules per serving
- Nutritional value per serving: 10 calories and less than two grams of carbohydrates
- Maintain blend (720 mg) comprising spinach, broccoli, green cabbage, soybean, wheatgrass, cauliflower, kale, white onion, celery, and zucchini.
- Protect blend (713 mg), comprising red cabbage, shiitake mushroom, garlic, red onion, carrot, kale, soybean, cayenne pepper, sweet potato, and wheatgrass.
- Repair blend (576 mg) comprising kale, carrot, green onion, spinach, soybean, celery, cauliflower, and zucchini
Pros and Cons of Balance of Nature
Who Would Benefit Most From Balance of Nature?
Many people are concerned about the effectiveness of Balance of Nature supplements. But the truth is, this product isn’t for everyone and may be particularly suitable for certain individuals. Here are the right candidates who’d find this product most advantageous:
- The little eater – The supplement can immensely benefit those who do not consume a daily minimum of three cups equivalents of vegetables and two servings of fruit, the daily minimum recommendation advised by the CDC. (3)
- Certain conditions – The fiber-based supplement is valuable if you deal with gastrointestinal (GI) conditions like Irritable Bowel Syndrome or Crohn’s disease. Certain GI ailments may force you to avoid certain fruits and vegetables. This can cause you to obtain sufficient nutrients from other options or supplement your diet.
- Kids between 2-15 years – Sufficient intake of fruits and vegetables during childhood can reduce the risk of future diseases. Establishing healthy eating habits for your child at a young encourages better dietary choices later in life. In addition, these foods are essential for growth and development. A diet full of fruits and greens can cause a 1.3-centimeter difference in preschool children’s growth.
- Picky eaters – Finally, Balance of Nature can come through if you dislike the taste of vegetables or fruits. It relieves you of the struggle to incorporate whole foods into your diet.
Who Balance of Nature Doesn't Suit
On the other hand, some demographics are better off without the supplement. Avoid the product if:
- You have food sensitivities or allergies – The Balance of Nature product line is known to blend multiple vegetables, fruits, and spices into each product without excluding specific ingredients. That’s why we recommend that buyers scrutinize the product labels meticulously to familiarize themselves with the ingredients first. Exercise caution and refrain from using this product if you’re allergic to any of the supplements’ 15 vegetables, 16 fruits, or 12 spices.
- You’re taking prescription medicines –You must also be wary of potential food-drug interactions before buying the supplement. Therefore, consult a pharmacist or doctor if you’re under medication to confirm whether consuming these whole food supplements can influence the drugs.
- You have a limited budget – The product won’t suit your needs if you want the most affordable supplement. Fortunately, there are vast options for those on a budget.
Don’t fret if you fall under those not qualifying for this experience. Numerous other multivitamins for adults and kids fill the nutrient gap and achieve the daily recommended plant food quantity.
Customer Experience and Reviews
An overview of online customer testimonials suggests that the products deliver the intended results effectively. For instance, it boasts a 3.2/5.0-star rating. This isn’t the best rating for this popular supplement, but most users have some good remarks. Here are some comments left behind by users:
“I am a 69-year-old male still working a demanding, full-time job. Over the years, I’ve had multiple injuries from raising thoroughbred horses. Joint pains followed soon after. I’ve been taking Balance of Nature for about a year. I feel better, sleep better, and most of all, I have no knee or shoulder pain. It takes time, but the benefits are enormous if you stay with this.” Kevin Vanacore, US.
“I have been on Balance of Nature for a couple of months and have significantly improved my recovery time. I, as most elderly folks do, overextend myself and end up paying for it with sore muscles and body aches and pains. Since being on Balance of Nature, I am finding myself in a better recovery mode when I go off and do foolish things (like stuff young people do).” Valued Customer
“I’m starting my 3rd order of Balance of Nature. I believe I am noticing a bit more energy and possibly a better overall feeling. The two orders I’ve received have had one broken capsule in each fruit bottle, which coats all the other capsules in a fine powder, and then there is one empty capsule in the bottle.” Joni Long, US.
William, another US customer, also left his comment on behalf of his father-in-law. Here’s what he had to say:
“I’m writing this for my father-in-law, who is 89 and lives in Long Beach, California. My wife and I live in Maui and have been taking Balance of Nature for a number of years now. He was motivated by Kathy Lee Gifford’s comment about how she got her va-va-voom back after trying BON. He now says he has doubled his daily walking routine and attributes that to taking Balance of Nature. So, thank you from my wife and me for helping our father-in-law live out his life one extra step at a time.” B Armstrong Kihei, Maui
Balance of Nature supplement offers unmatched health benefits, attracting many individuals seeking a convenient way to boost their nutrition. The product nourishes you with essential nutrients, is free from artificial ingredients and fillers, and provides access to a health coach as part of the subscription. Moreover, the supplement undergoes third-party safety tests, is non-GMO, gluten-free, and suitable for vegans. You don’t have to worry about added chemicals, sugar, or preservatives, as there are none.
However, this supplement has some drawbacks that could be deal breakers. For instance, some users find the product’s cost relatively high, and the manufacturer does not specify the exact nutrient dosages. Additionally, the product is not certified organic.
So, weigh the pros and cons in this Balance of Nature review to determine if Balance of Nature aligns with your dietary and budgetary preferences. Moreover, don’t hesitate to consult your healthcare provider on whether it’s the right solution.
Balance of Nature Fruits & Veggies
- D;, G. C. (n.d.). Phytonutrients as therapeutic agents. Journal of complementary & integrative medicine.
- TA;, J. (n.d.). Health benefits of culinary herbs and spices. Journal of AOAC International.
Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. (2022, January 6). Adults meeting fruit and vegetable intake recommendations – United States, 2019. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. https://www.cdc.gov/mmwr/volumes/71/wr/mm7101a1.htm