Juice Plus Benefits
Published by David Williams
As an engineer, David loves technical product comparison and analyzing the data to assess top products.
Table of Contents
Juice Plus+ is a vitamin supplement made from fruits or vegetables. It’s available in capsule and gummy form for convenience.
While it does not replace whole fruits and vegetables, Juice Plus+ seeks to bridge the gap between your actual intake and what’s recommended. That means you don’t need to eat bowls full of different fruits and vegetables daily.
But does it provide the benefits of fruits and vegetables, or is it just hype? Here, we’ll review some Juice Plus+ benefits.
Improved Nutritional Status
Fruits and vegetables increase nutrient intake. But taking enough of them can be challenging for most people with busy lifestyles. Even with good intentions, they may forget, lack access, or not have enough time.
That’s perhaps why Juice Plus+ exists. It consists of about 30 fruits and vegetables. It helps increase the blood levels of several essential nutrients. In fact, one study by the National Library of Medicine proves that it helps raise blood levels of the following: (1)
- Lycopene: 80%
- Folate: 174%
- Vitamin E: 30%
- Beta-carotene: 528%
It’s not the only research to support these claims. Other studies by the NCBI also prove that Juice Plus+ fruit concentrate helps improve the intake of coenzyme-10, vitamin E, and vitamin C. (2)
Reduced Stress and Chronic Inflammation
Oxidative stress and inflammation contribute to numerous health conditions. While inflammation naturally helps your body fight illness, chronic inflammation is not healthy. It leads to health problems such as type 2 diabetes, heart disease, and even some cancers.
Eating fruits and vegetables provides your body with sufficient antioxidants. They help fight oxidative stress and chronic inflammation. But how do you get all the benefits while being practical? (3)
Juice Plus+ supplements are a great solution. One study by Cambridge University conducted on women proved this. People taking powdered fruits, vegetables, and berries reduced inflammation markers. (4)
Consuming enough fruits and vegetables helps boost immunity. As a fruit and vegetable concentrate, Juice Plus+ is beneficial in this regard.
For instance, several studies by the NCBI proved that taking whole food supplements can improve the activity of some immune cells. In one study, people taking Juice Plus+ saw a 20% reduction in sick days. (5, 6)
Improves Skin Health
Juice Plus+ contains vitamin C and other antioxidants beneficial for skin health. Vitamin C, particularly, is essential for collagen formation. This natural protein helps maintain the structure of your skin.
The antioxidants help reduce oxidative stress, which can lead to premature ageing. In one study by the National Library of Medicine, people taking Juice Plus+ experienced better skin hydration, circulation, and thickness. (7)
Juice Plus+ is a convenient way to get the benefits of fruits and vegetables without eating large portions daily. While it doesn’t replace eating whole fruits and vegetables, it’s ideal for those who have busy lifestyles or lack access to them.
Click to read more about juice plus vitamins.
- Kawashima A;Madarame T;Koike H;Komatsu Y;Wise JA; (n.d.). Four week supplementation with mixed fruit and vegetable juice concentrates increased protective serum antioxidants and folate and decreased plasma homocysteine in Japanese subjects. Asia Pacific journal of clinical nutrition. https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/17704021/
- Esfahani A;Wong JM;Truan J;Villa CR;Mirrahimi A;Srichaikul K;Kendall CW; (n.d.). Health effects of mixed fruit and vegetable concentrates: A systematic review of the clinical interventions. Journal of the American College of Nutrition. https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/22081614/
- MediLexicon International. (n.d.). What is oxidative stress? effects on the body and how to reduce. Medical News Today. https://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/324863#:~:text=Antioxidants%20are%20substances%20that%20neutralize,A%2C%20C%2C%20and%20E.
- Lamprecht, M., Obermayer, G., Steinbauer, K., Cvirn, G., Hofmann, L., Ledinski, G., Greilberger, J. F., & Hallstroem, S. (2013, April 16). Supplementation with a juice powder concentrate and exercise decrease oxidation and inflammation, and improve the microcirculation in obese women: Randomised Controlled Trial Data: British Journal of Nutrition. Cambridge Core. https://www.cambridge.org/core/journals/british-journal-of-nutrition/article/supplementation-with-a-juice-powder-concentrate-and-exercise-decrease-oxidation-and-inflammation-and-improve-the-microcirculation-in-obese-women-randomised-controlled-trial-data/451DF71104D867B79B1AB87E6326943A
- SS;, N. M. P. R. C. A. N. C. P. (n.d.). Immunity and antioxidant capacity in humans is enhanced by consumption of a dried, encapsulated fruit and vegetable juice concentrate. The Journal of nutrition. https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/16988134/
- SN;, R. S. N. M. W. (n.d.). Reduction of common cold symptoms by encapsulated juice powder concentrate of fruits and vegetables: A randomised, double-blind, placebo-controlled trial. The British journal of nutrition. https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/20727236/
- De Spirt S;Sies H;Tronnier H;Heinrich U; (n.d.). An encapsulated fruit and vegetable juice concentrate increases skin microcirculation in healthy women. Skin pharmacology and physiology. https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/21822034/